For lifetime maps, real-time traffic updates, marking points of interest like a restaurant, gas stations and ATMs, etc. the Garmin Nuvi series is excellent. The GPS device navigates the track and routes fantastically so that the users can reach the desired location. Therefore, to use it with maximum efficiency, the users should not miss Garmin Nuvi update at a regular interval of time. Getting the updates on time enhance the user experience.
Steps to update Maps on Garmin Nuvi
The users can update the Garmin Nuvi through an official way by downloading and using a free program named a Garmin Express. The map updates provide the latest available mapping data to ensure that the device continues to calculate efficient and accurate routes for the destination.
For more secure and quicker travel experience gets the Map updated on a regular interval. It is necessary to regularly update the Garmin GPS device to obtain an exact result for the searches. Thus, the users who are looking for the steps to update the Garmin GPS device, they all should follow the steps discussed below.
- Open the Garmin Express website
- After this, click on the Download for windows option.
The users who are downloading the Garmin Express on Mac, they have should click on Download for Mac instead.
Windows users: Now double click on the setup file and follow any prompt to the install page and then click on “I have read and agreed to the terms and conditions” box, hit on install option and click “Yes” when prompted.
Mac Users: First of all, open the Garmin Express DMG file, then verify the software if mandatory. And then, click and drag the Garmin Nuvi app icon onto the “Applications” folder and follow any prompts.
- Now attach the Garmin Nuvi with the computer.
- Then open the Garmin Express application.
- Click on “Get Started”.
- After that, click on Add a device.
- When prompted, click on Add device.
Now complete the setup. Thus, to finish setting up the Garmin Nuvi follow the on-screen instruction and open the dashboard.
- Click on Install all option.
- Then wait for the Garmin Nuvi to finish installing updates.
- For installing the Garmin Nuvi’s updates, it will take several hours.
Once the installation gets completed, then the user can safely disconnect the Garmin Nuvi.
How to update Garmin Nuvi Maps Lifetime
The Garmin GPS rely on software and map info to deliver a proper administration and positioning info to customers. To make sure that the Garmin has the most-up-to-date software upgrades and maps, make use of the utility.
The function of updater Garmin Nuvi application is to search for upgrades automatically, and an additional map for the device downloads the specified files and directly install them to the system for free.
In the beginning, open a suitable internet browser.
- After this, visit the updater download page and then to download the application to the system click on the download key option.
- Now, carefully insert one end of the USB wire into a port of the desktop and plug the other end into the GPS device.
- Then, click on the start menu and from there, select all programs.
- In the updater interface that opens select for the GPS device and then the utility will search for the available upgrades to the Garmin device.
- Now verify that you want to upgrade the software and then the utility will upgrade the Garmin GPS.
- Before detaching the Garmin device from the system, wait for the progress bar to gets completed.
So, this article was all about how do I update Maps on My Garmin Nuvi. Thus, if you all think that the steps discussed above were helpful to update the Garmin Nuvi, then let others also get aware of the steps by sharing this post with them.