Through the help of the lifetime Garmin Map Updates, the user can quickly get aware of the latest and the updated details of the route map. So, here in this post, we have mentioned the steps through which the users can easily Garmin Sat Nav Updates.
It happens that sometimes it is very annoying and dangerous if the Garmin Map gets outdated. Thus, to avoid such issues, the users are recommended to get the Garmin Sat Nav update, to get well-informed regarding the details of the unsuitable and closed roads.
Garmin Map comes with different models, and hence the latest Garmin Sat Nav range comes along with a lifetime of map and traffic updates. So, to get the most recent details of lifetime traffic updates and map information, follow the steps penned below for Garmin Sat Nav updates.
Necessary Things to keep in mind
The users are recommended to register the Sat-Nav by entering the email address when required to do so.
All users are recommended that they should only use the Garmin Express application if they have a good and reliable broadband connection because some of the maps files are huge and take several hours to download from Garmin.
- It depends on the device because, during the update procedure, the user might be asked to disconnect the Sat-Nav from the PC and reboot it.
- This step is the installation of the latest software for the device.
- The procedure must get completed. Thus the users are recommended that they should not switch ON/OFF the device even if nothing is happening.
- Make sure that the Garmin Sat Nav updates will take a long time, so let the procedure gets completed.
- While updating the Garmin Sat-Nav, ensure that the battery is fully charged.
- Always make sure that the Garmin Express application installed is of the latest version before updating the Garmin Sat Nav.
Thus, these all were the necessary things that one must keep in mind while updating the Garmin Sat Nav. So, after reading, proceed further and collect the information tabled below regarding Garmin Sat Nav updates.
Steps to update Garmin Sat Nav
All users are suggested that before downloading any update, it is essential to register the details of the device on the manufacturer’s website, including the serial number, address and the name details. Once the users have successfully logged the device, then after that is the users are supposed to check for the available Garmin Map updates.
Garmin let the users download their application for Windows and the Mac. These applications will keep changing for Garmin Map updates timely and alert the users whenever there is any Garmin Sat Nav updates available and is to be installed. Once the user downloads the update, then they’ll have to install it by connecting the device with the computer. The entire process will take time depending upon the size of the download.
- The users will, first of all, have to connect the Garmin device with the computer.
- After this, the user will have to download the Garmin Express application.
- Once the Garmin Express application gets downloaded then, the user will have to connect the Sat-Nav to the PC or Mac with the help of the USB cable that comes along with the device.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Then within the Garmin Express, select the “Install all” option available under the updates tab.
So, these all were the steps required for Garmin Sat Nav updates. Thus, we hope that with the help of the steps, it would have become easy for all users to get the map updated. In case, there is any user who is not able to get the Garmin Sat Nav updates, then they all are recommended to take help from the professionals of Garmin.