How to purchase different country map is one of the question people want answer for. And as you all know that our website provides you with details regarding your questions and problems on Garmin, basically we have solutions to your problems. Many of you know that in the last few years or from last few period of time Garmin has made some changes to their map update procedures. For those with more modern devices, these changes have made it much more straightforward. But and for others, it can be a painful (complicated) procedure with the number of calls to the technical support of Garmin. Even with many years of updating various models by the help of Garmin Express, I have found the experience torturous at times.
In this article, we tell you the Procedure for purchase different country map. But here, we want to say to you that kindly read the whole post entirely and carefully. Before that firstly, we will tell you some essential things which you should keep in your mind.
The few things You Should Keep In Mind.
There are a few things you should keep in your mind and remember while purchasing different country maps. Those things mentioned below;
1. By entering your email address register your sat-nav only when it requested to do so.
2. Secondly, we recommend you that use Garmin Express only if you have a reliable and good broadband connection. We said this because some of the Garmin maps files are huge and take a lot of hours to download from Garmin.
3. During the Procedure of updating on your device, you might ask to disconnect your sat-nav from PC and turning it back on (reboot it). It is essential to let this Procedure complete – don’t tempt to switch off/on your device even not then when it looks like nothing is going or happening. The Procedure of software update can take a lot of time to complete so kindly have some patience.
4. If the battery is flat then, it is advisable not to update your sat-nav, make sure it should charge.
5. If sat-nav may not have sufficient space for the map update then, you can choose a smaller region. It will fit on your device, either you insert a micro/SD card into your sat-nav to hold the maps. For this, we suggested you use 4 GB SD card for that. Otherwise, you can’t purchase a different country map from here.
Pros And Cons Of Garmin Express
6. Always ensure you have the Garmin Express newest version installed in your device before sat-nav updating process. You might check this by clicking the ‘cog’ icon, the top side of right-hand in the Garmin Express window and click on the link in the ‘About Garmin Express’ panel.
7. In this step, we talk about the bad news of Garmin. Unfortunately, it does not always work, sometimes it has trouble, especially in recognising the devices that connect to it. In these cases, even though your machine comes along with lifetime maps. It doesn’t matter how many times you connect your sat-nav to Garmin Express it informs you that your plan is updated.
Process Of Purchasing Different Country Map
This process of purchasing maps is not at all problematic you mainly throw to two or three main methods which are mention below;
2. The updating process is easy and straightforward. You need to follow the instruction shown on the screen.
3. Here you have to write the destination of which you want to purchase the map.
Now, the question is how you update and Purchase different country maps like Ireland, UK and Europe. So, first, let us talk about purchasing and updating process of the UK and Ireland.
Purchasing UK and Ireland Map.
1. Firstly, you have to buy a micro/SD card which preloaded with the UK/ Ireland maps.
2. And then insert SD card into the side of the device, and off you go. That process is a straightforward and cheapest solution.
3. From here, you can purchase a map card. But remember this only sell the latest maps which are available.
Update Free Lifetime Maps Of UK & Ireland
Before telling you how to update free maps of UK & Ireland, we want to tell you that in case your sat-nav has a designation of LM then, your device comes with free lifetime map updates. And so, in this situation, you update the maps on your sat-nav by using download of Garmin’s website and install on your Mac or PC.
The process of updating, downloading or installing, is directly simple. By using the USB cable (which came in the box), you can connect sat-nav to your Mac or PC or Mac. But, if you have lost your USB cable, you can get another one. After this do follow instruction shown on the screen then, with Garmin Express, select the install all option under the safest option of Updates.
If all this goes with the plan, not only will the latest maps for your sat-nav be installed. But also the most recent Bluetooth updates, voice updates, and software device, etc. At the end of the process, your sat-nav will be right up to date.
How To Update European maps
This European maps updating process is also, done through Garmin Express. The only difference you notice is that you have to purchase or buy the European map update from website of Garmin and then use Garmin Express to appeal the update process.
Here the user has an option to purchase either a previous update of the map which costs €59 or if you are buying lifetime map updates then it costs €89.
In case your sat-nav is over three years old, we would recommend the onetime update only, but not always. So, we hope that you like our post, and for more, articles on Garmin do visit our website.